Skip to main content
written at worship leaders last night

Crashing round, crashing sound
Surrendering and bowing down
Breaking the bread
Drinking the wine
Coming to the Lords table to dine
Sharing the fellowship
Making amends
Sing Your praise
Of which will never end
Many tears of faith and joy
Sadness, fear and confusion
He takes our hands within his own
And helps us join as one
So here we take off our shoes
Become broken here before you
Warm our hearts with love and grace
And we shall smile
As we depart from this hall
We know that you shall not call
As we will walk with you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Questions

I mentioned in my previous group about one of my lovely youth groups. Its reasonably small and all the young people come from a church orientated background or have been going to church for a while. We  started back in January and as a leader theres that post Christmas panic when you realise you havent planned a session let alone the rest of the term. So I used a cop out, I used my first session back to help get the young people to plan the sessions - brilliant, right! Over the last five months in post here in Conwy, theres been a real theme emerging from my work and my visits and my volunteering/volunteered(ness) at things like Faith and Order and 3Gen. This is the idea of questions and having a safe space to ask questions discuss them and not necessarily come out with a definitive answer, but having explored deeply the topic at hand. At Uni I hated the big questions discussed late at night, when one should have been writing assignments because then it felt like wor...

The Arrival

While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born,   and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them. Luke 2:6-7

Reflection on #fando

My university degree assignments were largely theological reflections, and I largely hated writing them. But as I reflect I have or I have a responsibility as I get back on the train. What do I have to do now. My response to these two and a  bit days. I have had a strong renewal in my passion for theology, and I don't want to keep this to myself. This has an impact with my ministry with families and young people. To help the, engage with theology, the communion of saints the richness in grappling with the big questions. Moving to not have a shallow ministry but a deep ministry allowing God to reach deeply in my life and of those around me. Being aware of the Wesleyan quadrilateral in the work I do not just as a a useful tool for graduating from a college with Methodist tendencies. There needs to be an investment in theology in the local church and I have a chance to facilitate this. Theology is integral to our faith and walk as Christians, I think people do want to engage wit...