How amazing is it to feel at home. I have found this amazing spot to sit in college. its a square kind of tower post upon the terrace, high enough up for people not to notice you especially in the dark. Felt like a gnome though, but the cold rushing wind, the voice of the almighty God rushing past my ears was immense, sometimes you have to be chilled to the burn to understand the warmth of God
I mentioned in my previous group about one of my lovely youth groups. Its reasonably small and all the young people come from a church orientated background or have been going to church for a while. We started back in January and as a leader theres that post Christmas panic when you realise you havent planned a session let alone the rest of the term. So I used a cop out, I used my first session back to help get the young people to plan the sessions - brilliant, right! Over the last five months in post here in Conwy, theres been a real theme emerging from my work and my visits and my volunteering/volunteered(ness) at things like Faith and Order and 3Gen. This is the idea of questions and having a safe space to ask questions discuss them and not necessarily come out with a definitive answer, but having explored deeply the topic at hand. At Uni I hated the big questions discussed late at night, when one should have been writing assignments because then it felt like wor...
I like that spot too. Hope its not going to get too crowed this year.
ReplyDelete