Skip to main content

You won't relent

I've spent most of my day listening to the words of this song




You won't relent
Until You have it all
My heart is Yours

I'll set You as a seal upon my heart
As a seal upon my arm
For there is love that is as strong as death
Jealousy demanding as the grave
And many waters cannot quench this love

Come be the fire inside of me
Come be the flame upon my heart
Come be the fire inside of me
Until You and I are one

It really does make a great prayer. 
It is my prayer today.


It is such a simple song with so much impact and meaning and truth in its words. It's reminder of what God requires and wish from me, what I wish to give to him, the command and the reasons of what power he holds on me, through the death of his Son. I lay my heart before the Lord and ask his Spirit to live within me, his flame, his passion, his love, until I return home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Questions

I mentioned in my previous group about one of my lovely youth groups. Its reasonably small and all the young people come from a church orientated background or have been going to church for a while. We  started back in January and as a leader theres that post Christmas panic when you realise you havent planned a session let alone the rest of the term. So I used a cop out, I used my first session back to help get the young people to plan the sessions - brilliant, right! Over the last five months in post here in Conwy, theres been a real theme emerging from my work and my visits and my volunteering/volunteered(ness) at things like Faith and Order and 3Gen. This is the idea of questions and having a safe space to ask questions discuss them and not necessarily come out with a definitive answer, but having explored deeply the topic at hand. At Uni I hated the big questions discussed late at night, when one should have been writing assignments because then it felt like wor...

Praying through Photo's

I've been inspired by some new friends this week, and I really love my photography and taking photos, I'm really not great at it, but that doesn't matter. Whats more as I often use my camera as a way of prayer, and I'm currently unable to do this. So I have a folder of currently 90 photo's I really love, that I have taken, so I plan to write a short prayer with them and post them here each day. Today is the start! Father God, I look out to my future and it all seems so blank.  It all seems so hidden,  I've know what you beauty and promise looks like Lord,  You've shown me beauty, mercy, grace and love all before.  Please remind me Help me to find beauty in this situation. and to cling ever on to you.  Amen
Thought's from the last week as compiled by Bx and Ruth: HSM3 is fab Ruth in general makes funny noises make sure you have heating at the front of the church when leadin worship when its cold Rhino is beawesome We got married... ...again mundesly is breeding crocodiles ruth cant drive or find fog lights the sea is cold especially in Feb bx trips over really easily particularly if concrete is involved sea storm breakers are comfortable for first aid having a working hand brake helps to calm the nerves of passersbys dont keep david tennant poster from your friends lava lamps are pretty damn funky Bacardi breezer need i say more MEN... again need I say more DSA can be odd How can you loose a car? matress moving is funny so is stuffing ruth cant spell phil.... yeah well neither can i neighbours are people outside a list some songs get the never agian look brie is tasty water although good isnt good in buildings esp. walls cromer sells fridge raiders bx wore a dress(!!!) ruth got a tast...