Monday, January 23

5 months today

So in a quick break from that dissertation I'm writing I have learnt that it is 112 days or 3 months and 21 days till my final deadline. This is just a small amount of crazy compared to the fact that in:


152 or 5 months 

it will be the day I graduate. All Cliff College Third Years, have fun with this great fact. 


112 days to write the equivalent of 39000 words, keep on preaching, praying, living and find a job. 


Them elusive words "whats next" or "you'll soon not be here" haunt the corners of your conversations. The dreaded thought that some how between now and the next five months you some how have to figure out the entirety of what happens next or at least some sort of action plan. I suppose I'm lucky, I've already started to apply for Jobs. Keeping my ear to the ground for any potential. Reasonably willing to go any where. 


It all comes back down to this calling business, I preach so often on calling, and I forever joke that I haven't a clue where the next year or two will take me... I even used a parachute on Sunday to stress how at moments this terrifies me and make me wish to bail - or run away like Jonah. And like many thing that I sit here and wonder about it all boils down to this one thing. God will provide. I'm aware he will provide the 39000 equivalent words, with relevant footnotes. I'm very aware he will preach the good news through me, and in spite of me if I fail! I'm aware he here's my thoughts when I don't make it up for morning prayers, and forgives me when I struggle at house group and celebrations. I'm aware the he has great plans for me and has a job for me and will provide for me. For God never called the equipped, but equips the called. I know (although sometimes I feel its more a hope than an assurance, I'm human after all) he will not let me fail at his work. 


"Yes, and I will continue to rejoice,  for I know that through your prayers and God’s provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance. I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death." Philippians 1:18b-19 (NIV)




There is a long time between here and the end of five months, but also so little. I hope you will be willing to pray with me and share through this time and thoughts as I continue to let you have a glimpse in my life. Maybe you have a job for me, or some words of wisdom... Somehow I get the feeling these five months are the start of something big! Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment