Skip to main content

Church 1 - Horsford

 I love churches. So many footsteps of faith - both big and small - from Saints and Sinners, entwined through history to gather at the Alter of the Trinity. Such a mystery you can't always describe it. 

A quiet place was needed this week to have a picnic of all things and gather my own thoughts after a moment in life that happened. And so I found myself stumbling across Horsford All Saints. - www.horsfordbenefice.org.uk/our-parishes/horsford-all-saints-church/.

This delightful Parish church shared articulately it's history, noted that it held common wealth graves, regular worship and Eco Awards. 

A quiet place to eat my lunch and to offer prayer and quiet praise (and annoyances with God.)

And whilst - as the pictures show - the grass may have been dying my own heart was encouraged to grow closer to God to m visit to Horsford All Saints.  

It also stirred a fascination in Church architecture with enough zeal to do further research - all because of a line between flint and brick work. 

Below are some images of the Church and it's grounds. 



Thank you Lord for the life and work of Horsford All Saints. May they know the blessing of your reign as they work out your purpose here on earth, and that they may know the many saints that have proceeded into the Kingdom of Heaven that have worshipped and lived life at the door of this parish continue to cheer them on as they run the race. All blessing and honour to you Father, Son and Holy Spirit. 

Amen.
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Questions

I mentioned in my previous group about one of my lovely youth groups. Its reasonably small and all the young people come from a church orientated background or have been going to church for a while. We  started back in January and as a leader theres that post Christmas panic when you realise you havent planned a session let alone the rest of the term. So I used a cop out, I used my first session back to help get the young people to plan the sessions - brilliant, right! Over the last five months in post here in Conwy, theres been a real theme emerging from my work and my visits and my volunteering/volunteered(ness) at things like Faith and Order and 3Gen. This is the idea of questions and having a safe space to ask questions discuss them and not necessarily come out with a definitive answer, but having explored deeply the topic at hand. At Uni I hated the big questions discussed late at night, when one should have been writing assignments because then it felt like wor...

Praying through Photo's

I've been inspired by some new friends this week, and I really love my photography and taking photos, I'm really not great at it, but that doesn't matter. Whats more as I often use my camera as a way of prayer, and I'm currently unable to do this. So I have a folder of currently 90 photo's I really love, that I have taken, so I plan to write a short prayer with them and post them here each day. Today is the start! Father God, I look out to my future and it all seems so blank.  It all seems so hidden,  I've know what you beauty and promise looks like Lord,  You've shown me beauty, mercy, grace and love all before.  Please remind me Help me to find beauty in this situation. and to cling ever on to you.  Amen
Thought's from the last week as compiled by Bx and Ruth: HSM3 is fab Ruth in general makes funny noises make sure you have heating at the front of the church when leadin worship when its cold Rhino is beawesome We got married... ...again mundesly is breeding crocodiles ruth cant drive or find fog lights the sea is cold especially in Feb bx trips over really easily particularly if concrete is involved sea storm breakers are comfortable for first aid having a working hand brake helps to calm the nerves of passersbys dont keep david tennant poster from your friends lava lamps are pretty damn funky Bacardi breezer need i say more MEN... again need I say more DSA can be odd How can you loose a car? matress moving is funny so is stuffing ruth cant spell phil.... yeah well neither can i neighbours are people outside a list some songs get the never agian look brie is tasty water although good isnt good in buildings esp. walls cromer sells fridge raiders bx wore a dress(!!!) ruth got a tast...