Friday, December 30

The top ten of 2011.

It comes to the end of another fantastic year, and to be just like everyone else I thought I would share some highlights of 2011, and some hopes for 2012.

The top ten:
  1. India - when I think of the craziest things I've done this year, this was certainly up there. Maybe because it filled a whole month of my year therefore means that the likeliness of it to appear increases. It was a lifetime experience.
  2. Surprising in number two is having my tonsils removed. It has actually made a huge difference to my life. And who wouldn't want to watch Kung Fu Panda in Hospital.
  3. Mission to Berko with a fantastic team is also up there, it was a great ten days with some amazing people. Its always great to be involved with churches that are doing great things for God. 
  4. Being involved with MYA was a great experience, to see so many young people passionate about the Methodist Church is really inspiring. I also got to hang out with some great people, promote cliff, lead workshops, worship, see some old friends and just be. It was also good to be stretched by God that weekend. 
  5. I turned 20.... which was slightly crazy as at midnight when they day turned to the 26th May I was cold, hungry and all alone in a tent, and everyone else in college was in Tesco's I believe. (I almost cried) Then two friends ring me with an emergency, which turned out to be an Indian take away and jelly snakes, which started the fantastic day of hiding at every meal time and many cakes and putting up lighting. And of course the whole festival weekend is a great opportunity of fellowship, worship and being challenged by God.
  6. Summer Camp - who doesn't love summer camps, and going away this year with church to help lead a camp for the young people of the circuit is no different. Campfire worship all the way
  7. The Norfolk Show - I returned once again to the Norfolk show as a chaplain a great two days to Just listen and talk to people about everything and anything, from tractors to communion and everything in between.... well mostly weather, guest intakes, prices and trade. It was warm and sunny and great to be out with the rest of the Norfolk Churches Together.
  8. I finished my second year of Cliff, and have started my third and got a new ensuit double room. Continuing my studies at Cliff is really great, I cant believe that at the end of 2011 I have one semester left. This is most likely the last full year of Cliff Life.
  9. I suppose its on a similar train as going to India but flying back from India - not because I was coming home, but because the world was truly beautiful that night.
  10. The many times I've been reminded I'm alive, wether thats because I'm awake at 4am to see the sunrise across the beach, climbing an indoor climbing wall, climbing out of my now written of car (i only did this once honest) or standing on top of the edge watching the sun set I thank God for his mercy and love that has kept me here.
What are your top moments of 2011?


Tomorrows post will be the ten hopes and dreams of 2012!

3 comments:

  1. written off car?

    interesting reading Bx - a crazy wonderful life you are living with God at the helm

    Blessed new year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah rolled my old car of the edge of a road last feb/march time... Good to see God in everything that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. posted my 11 for 2011

    http://stf.writeouts.com/?p=2972

    ReplyDelete