Thursday, September 17

And today?

Did something amazing happen or was it just another day?
I think sometimes you have to remember that everyday is an amazing day. A day where maybe things go right, or wrong, that it goes to plan, or it really doesn't. I feel I often take for granted the days, and they soon turn into weeks and them into months and before you know it the years passed and you can't remember where it went. I have often wished my time along, wanting for something.

It's also hard to often see the part that God plays in everything. This week has been a real eye opener for me.

But now, this is what the LORD says—
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.


Isaiah 43: 1-2

This week has been very much a constant reminder that God has called me by name, which is scary, and humbling, and confusing, and overwhelming. I keep trying to process this information and I keep failing some what spectacularly. Surely my reaction should be one of joyous enthusiasm and un-contained excitement, which don't get me wrong part of it is that, but a bigger part goes I'm really, really, really scared. People have asked this question all week "so why are you here at Cliff college?". Well I'm here because it felt like home, but I'm here because he called me by name. I've made some fantastically big decisions here at Cliff, and there are plenty more to come, but right now I really am only just keeping my head above water and I'm scared!

No comments:

Post a Comment