Skip to main content

The Forum Library, Norwich

The forum, a magical place of books, music, museaum, media, tourism, broadcasting, resources, coffee and pizza. http://www.theforumnorwich.co.uk/ if you feel like having a visual. The place where I am typing from this very minute listening to the variety or low mumers coming from around this impressive building of glass and metal. I'm excited as I'm waiting for everyone else to come out of sixth form so we can go to tea before heading to Seussical the musical, the Notre Dame High School production.

But todays thoughts have nothing really to do with this, i just like to ramble. todays thoughts on the third day of lent have turned around various doors and ended up an mixture of things discussed today at Acts 29.

We watched the first Nooma video( http://www.nooma.com/ ) called rain it was really interesting to watch and on part of the discussion afterwards with Ellie we where talking about junk in our lives, not the crisp packet but the stuff that kinda blocks our view from God. This wasnt our whole discussion it was just one fo the points, I'm sure other parts will come through later on this week.

But anywhoos the topic came up in the junk question of saying goodbye.
I really struggle to say goodbye.
I try not to at the end of conversations its always see you soon speak soon love ya got to go be back etc etc etc

Saying goodbye is painful, but always rather iminent really. I'm coming to the end of my sixth form career and I will have to say goodbye to all the friends I've made here. then moving to uni will mean more goodbyes to the places that I have lived near for the last 8 - 10 years, a church community who have been so supportive, people who i rarely see when i only live down the road from them. Goodbye is part of life, a scary part, a heart breaking part.

You would have thought that I was used to it by now, 9 houses, RAF father, many events only fleeting in the real pattern of life... but no I think it just gets harder.

I should probably ask why then do I want a life where I dont sit still for very long, move around, never around for what could be, escape.

I suppose there is no answer to that and what I know is safest.

I guess I will just have to hold close to God and wait and see and when the rain comes through the heart ache of saying Goodbye once again, I know it will not be for long as I'm just oassing by.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Questions

I mentioned in my previous group about one of my lovely youth groups. Its reasonably small and all the young people come from a church orientated background or have been going to church for a while. We  started back in January and as a leader theres that post Christmas panic when you realise you havent planned a session let alone the rest of the term. So I used a cop out, I used my first session back to help get the young people to plan the sessions - brilliant, right! Over the last five months in post here in Conwy, theres been a real theme emerging from my work and my visits and my volunteering/volunteered(ness) at things like Faith and Order and 3Gen. This is the idea of questions and having a safe space to ask questions discuss them and not necessarily come out with a definitive answer, but having explored deeply the topic at hand. At Uni I hated the big questions discussed late at night, when one should have been writing assignments because then it felt like wor...

Praying through Photo's

I've been inspired by some new friends this week, and I really love my photography and taking photos, I'm really not great at it, but that doesn't matter. Whats more as I often use my camera as a way of prayer, and I'm currently unable to do this. So I have a folder of currently 90 photo's I really love, that I have taken, so I plan to write a short prayer with them and post them here each day. Today is the start! Father God, I look out to my future and it all seems so blank.  It all seems so hidden,  I've know what you beauty and promise looks like Lord,  You've shown me beauty, mercy, grace and love all before.  Please remind me Help me to find beauty in this situation. and to cling ever on to you.  Amen
Thought's from the last week as compiled by Bx and Ruth: HSM3 is fab Ruth in general makes funny noises make sure you have heating at the front of the church when leadin worship when its cold Rhino is beawesome We got married... ...again mundesly is breeding crocodiles ruth cant drive or find fog lights the sea is cold especially in Feb bx trips over really easily particularly if concrete is involved sea storm breakers are comfortable for first aid having a working hand brake helps to calm the nerves of passersbys dont keep david tennant poster from your friends lava lamps are pretty damn funky Bacardi breezer need i say more MEN... again need I say more DSA can be odd How can you loose a car? matress moving is funny so is stuffing ruth cant spell phil.... yeah well neither can i neighbours are people outside a list some songs get the never agian look brie is tasty water although good isnt good in buildings esp. walls cromer sells fridge raiders bx wore a dress(!!!) ruth got a tast...